Fortnite is a fast-paced, team integrated, fun to play Battle Royale released by Epic Games back in 2017. While 2017 was an average year for the action-packed title, 2018 saw the downloads bloom and the marketing to be on fire. It rose to stardom in a matter of weeks, beating out titles like PUBG, to clinch the #1 spot in the gaming industry right now. Regular updates, colourful graphics, and the gist to survive were all that took to make Fortnite the best game on almost all of the release platforms.
Availability on platforms
The game initially came out on the PC, and later added support for PS and Xbox players. It wasn’t until earlier this year that the executives over at Epic games decided to add the support for Nintendo Switch and iOS. As soon as the public version of iOS came out, it was anticipated Android would be next. And while it has come out on Android, its only in beta right now, and a very few devices support the game. It’s available on all the major Android phone brands (like Samsung, Pixel, Xiaomi, OnePlus, LG, ASUS, Essential, Huawei, Nokia, ZTE, and more). Let’s take a look at how to install the beta on a supported device (considering Epic Games ditched Play Store as a platform to diversify their game).
Installing the game
Open your phone’s browser.
- Search for “Fortnite.com”
- The full screen should show a “Play Free Now.” Tap on it.
- The next prompt asks you to choose a download location. Choose “Epic Games.”
- Hit the “Download” button.
- Once the file is downloaded, you’re supposed to open the file.
- While opening, your device may give you a message regarding “Unknown Installations.” Tap on “Settings” > Tap on “Allow from unknown sources” > Tap “Install.”
- Once the beta has been installed, you’ll be asked to grant permissions to devise storage, and you have to press “Allow.”
- Once accepted, tap on the game’s icon to launch it. The beta might start a few installations, following which you can either create an account or use an existing one to play Fortnite.
These are the steps to download the beta for fortnite android.